How to reply to negative online reviews?
It is important to respond to a negative online review in a professional and productive manner. Some tips on how to do this include acknowledging the customer’s concerns, apologizing if necessary, and offering to make things right. Thanking the customer for their feedback can also go a long way. You can find more tips in this video:
Here’s a quick overview of all Dos and Don’ts when responding to negative reviews:
DOS of how to reply to negative reviews:
- Be professional — even if the customer is being unreasonable, it’s important to maintain a level of professionalism in your response
- Show dedication to your brand — let the customer know that you’re committed to providing the best possible experience for all of your customers
- Take responsibility — if there was something that went wrong on your end, make sure to take responsibility for it
- Be empathetic — put yourself in the customer’s shoes and try to understand why they’re unhappy
- Say thank you — even if they’re dissatisfied, thank them for taking the time to leave a review
- Offer solutions — if there’s anything you can do to help resolve the issue, make sure to do so
- Acknowledge that the customer is upset — don’t try to downplay their frustration, but let them know that you understand
- Ask for more information — kindly request the customer to provide more details about their experience with you over the phone; the goal here is to move the conversation offline so that you can further investigate and resolve the issue
- Remain professional throughout the response — it can be easy to get defensive when responding to a negative review, but it’s important to keep your cool
- Apologize for the customer’s frustration and provide a productive next step — let them know that you’re sorry for their experience and offer a resolution
DON’TS of how to reply to negative reviews:
Check out the full article and make sure to avoid common pitfalls.